About Me

My photo
North Augusta, SC, United States
I am an otherwise very healthy and active woman who was shocked with a sudden medical condition in 2010 and decided to write about my experiences in hopes that it will help at least one person possibly be diagnosed and treated without having to go through the medical maze I went through! If you are an ADULT with chronic ear infections and can't get any answers, ask your ENT to rule out a CSF leak!!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Staples Out!

Friday, January 14, 2011 at 5:30pm

Just a quick update today.  Made it in to get the staples taken out of my head and the stitches out of my back (from the lumbar drain.)  Everything is looking good.  No infections; apparently I am a fast healer!!  The Bells Palsy is improving too.  Still draining out of my right ear but it's yellow, which is good.  Clear would indicate brain fluid. They said I could drain for several more weeks.   I did not see the doctor today; just the PA who is wonderful.  My hearing is still bad in my right ear and I guess that will be something I deal with when I am all recovered from this surgery.  The next step will be a head CT and then follow up with the neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks.  Still on anti-convulsants to prevent seizures and that drug makes me very tired, especially in the mornings.  I take it at 8 pm and 8 am and it makes it very hard to get going in the morning.  My goal is to rest this weekend and hopefully get back to work, at least part time, on Monday.

By the way, for all of you who expected screams from the staples coming out, you would have been disappointed.  It was a piece of cake.  Probably the easiest part so far!  Sorry Dennis...I know you wanted a video but it would have been too boring to post!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same surgery 11/2 and my staples removed yesterday. Your blog has helped me to survive what was going to be happening. Thank you and this comes with lots of hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete