About Me

My photo
North Augusta, SC, United States
I am an otherwise very healthy and active woman who was shocked with a sudden medical condition in 2010 and decided to write about my experiences in hopes that it will help at least one person possibly be diagnosed and treated without having to go through the medical maze I went through! If you are an ADULT with chronic ear infections and can't get any answers, ask your ENT to rule out a CSF leak!!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pre-Ops Done

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 2:34pm 

I went to the doctor and hospital for my pre-ops today.

I asked if the surgeon could take pictures for me during the surgery and I think he can!!!  We are going to take him a thumb drive and hopefully he'll save a few for us that I can share later for those not too squeamish!

The CT scan (stealth...like a GPS for surgery) will be done this Thursday morning before surgery, which is scheduled for 7:30 am.  We have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am.

I'll be in the hospital until at least Tuesday and possibly until Friday depending on whether they have to leave the lumbar drain in for 3 or 5 days.

Once I get home, no strenuous activity for a month.  No lifting over 5 pounds and no driving.  But I should be able to be alone so no babysitters required!!!  I'll have to be on a soft diet (no chewing because of the muscle they will have to retract during the surgery.)

My friends, Jeff and Rachel, will be coming to stay with us Wednesday night and going with Mike and I to the hospital.  Ann and Rusty will be here Thursday evening and Ann will spend 3-4 nights with me at the hospital.  She's also a neuro nurse so I will be in very good hands.  I'll be in ICU the first day or two, so no visitors then.  After that, you can call Piedmont Hospital to get my room number to call me.  If no answer, call Mike's cell and he can update you.

Piedmont Hospital is located at 1968 Peachtree Rd NW, ATL, GA  30309.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. My head is spinning with information. I am currently in the hospital. I most likely will have a myelogram tomorrow with surgery to follow. My CSF symptoms started in Nov. 2011. I am excited that we finally have a diagnosis....

    ReplyDelete