About Me

My photo
North Augusta, SC, United States
I am an otherwise very healthy and active woman who was shocked with a sudden medical condition in 2010 and decided to write about my experiences in hopes that it will help at least one person possibly be diagnosed and treated without having to go through the medical maze I went through! If you are an ADULT with chronic ear infections and can't get any answers, ask your ENT to rule out a CSF leak!!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Eight Weeks Post Surgery

I think the Bells Palsy is taking a while to resolve, which is normal.  My right eye still won't tear (I only cry out of my left eye now!) and it is very dry.  I was having sharp pains in my eye until I started using the eye drops several times during the day and the eye ointment every night.  That seems to help.  My right eye is more open than my left, making my left eye look a little lazy.  But you would not notice it if you didn't look closely, and then still maybe not.  Otherwise, my face looks normal.

Still some numbness over my incision and my jaw opening is restricted.  That is slowly getting better.

One new development since the surgery that I have not mentioned yet.  My nostrils seem to be very inflamed.  My turbinates are swollen, and my passageway seems obstructed.  Getting bloody chunks out but not really bleeding so much that it comes out on its own.  This may be totally unrelated...but it started when I was about 2 weeks post surgery and it has gotten much worse.  I can't wait to see my ENT next week and have him take a look.

Appointment March 2nd with Neurotologist, Dr. Danko Cerenko.  Audiogram scheduled before the exam so that he will be able to address my hearing problems.  I am hoping that the hearing loss is not all nerve damage so that he can possibly do something about it.  It's only in my right ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment