About Me

My photo
North Augusta, SC, United States
I am an otherwise very healthy and active woman who was shocked with a sudden medical condition in 2010 and decided to write about my experiences in hopes that it will help at least one person possibly be diagnosed and treated without having to go through the medical maze I went through! If you are an ADULT with chronic ear infections and can't get any answers, ask your ENT to rule out a CSF leak!!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Brain update 12-1-10

Saw Dr. James Robinson, neurosurgeon, today.  REALLY liked him.  He was very informative and very confident that he could help me.  The only problem is, he is booked until Dec. 30th.  So I am on his surgery schedule tentatively for that day.  Still have to see the neurotologist (ENT that specializes in the ear) tomorrow and then Emory neurosurgery next week. 

Dr. Robinson is not only an excellent brain surgeon, but has great bedside manners and communication skills. He would do a craniotomy, which he does all the time.  He gave me a lot of details, which I will not bore you with.  But Mike and I got a very good feeling from him and his staff. He is not worried about me waiting until December 30th.  He says it is likely I have had this leak for a long time and the bump on the head just caused the fluid to come out of my nose.  He has another patient with this exact same thing right now. So we will keep doing our homework but we may have found the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment